Afscme | News
14899
page,page-id-14899,page-parent,page-template-default,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,side_area_uncovered_from_content,qode-theme-ver-7.4,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.5.2,vc_responsive
 

Afscme Local 3440 News

We are in the last year of our Contract.  To get updated information on the Negotiations please contact your Shop Steward or Dave Griffin, and Please frequent this websites’ “News Page” right here.

 

You may also look for updates on the Council 73 site located at http://www.afscme73.org/

***Important***  If you have not filled out a Union Membership Card please understand you need to do so.
It is necessary for Voting Rights! Please Stay Informed

 

Please Stay Informed
Thank you,
Dave Griffin
President Local 3440
dghammer1@gmail.com
Cell: 732-754-0614

August 18, 2017

Dear AFSCME Member,

We are pleased to report the results of our contract negotiations with the Board of Chosen Freeholders. The E Board and I are satisfied with the Contract and agree that it is Fair and Equitable, and worthy of your acceptance.

The Contract if for four years (2017-2020) with six major high points:

  • 2017-2020: $500.00 evaluation added to base, 2% NWI added to base, 1.5% Medical Relief added to base that adds up  to over 3.5% increase.
  • Shift differential increase of 30 cents per hour
  • Medical reimbursement increase of $5.00 per meal for a total of $15.00 per meal reimbursement.
  • CDL compensation: $1,000.00 A with air brakes; $750.00 B with air brakes (one time on base salary after other increases)
  • Pension Modifications of Chapter 78: Changed from 20-year work requirement as of July2011, to 15-year work requirement as of 2011 for free medical requirement.
  • Education Incentives: apprentice program for the Trades, Title movement for the Mechanics and college compensation for white and blue collar.

Ratification Voting for the Contract will be held on Friday August 25, 2017 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm  at the following locations:

  • County Administration Building Lobby, 75 Bayard Street. New Brunswick
  • Park and Recreation Administration Building Lobby, 1030 River Road, Piscataway
  • Highways Complex Building Cafeteria, Apple Orchard Lane, North Brunswick
  • Fire Academy, Main Street, Sayerville

If there are any questions, please contact President Dave Griffin at (732) 754-0614

In Solidarity,

Dave Griffin
President
AFSCME local #3440

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PRINT THE MEMBERSHIP CARD BELOW

 

To become a member of our Union all you have to do is fill out the Union Membership card to apply (see below). You can obtain a card from your shop steward or you can print one out from this page. Once you fill it out you can either hand deliver it to your shop steward or you can forward it through interoffice mail – Attn. Dave Griffin Roosevelt Park Theatre. To print a Paper membership card from this page click the “Download Link” on this site to download a paper copy of the card. Then print it out from your own computer. Once printed out just fill it out completely and hand to your shop steward.